The report provides answers to such vital questions as:
- What are the major technical challenges associated with various processes, materials and modelling techniques?
- How do the major players compare against each other in terms of IP potential, R&D capabilities and strategies?
- Which are the best patents, and who owns them?
- What potential collaboration opportunities are available with smaller players?
- Which countries are the innovation hubs for this technology domain?
- Which companies are filing patents relating to different materials and 3D modelling techniques?
- Which law firms are available in different jurisdictions?
- Who are the examiners in the domain, and what is their grant rate?
The report itself is broken down into three sections:
1. Trends in the domain of 3D printing in the aerospace industry:
This section highlights technology evolution (patent filing trends), primary countries of research, major market geographies, existing collaborations and opportunities, new entrants, key patents, most active law firms, prominent inventors and important IPC classes as well as key players' IP position in the domain of 3D printing.
2. Detailed technology analysis of patents and applications published in the technology domain:
This section highlights the focus of patents and applications relating to the production methods used in 3D printing, scanning and modelling techniques disclosed, materials used for 3D printing, applicable products being targeted and technical challenges faced.
3. Major players - trends in the domain of 3D printing in the aerospace industry:
This section provides an analysis of the major players in the domain focusing on their patent filing trends, their research centres, markets of interest, technology focus, partnerships, strategies and other important parameters. Based on patenting activity, the following companies were identified as the major players, and are analyzed in detail in this section:
- United Technologies
- MTU Aero Engines
- General Electric
- Lockheed Martin
Key benefits of this research report:
- Valuable insights on patent filing trends
- Research areas - country specific analysis
- Analysis of geographies targeted by innovators
- Insights from research institutes and organizations
- Collaboration opportunities, SWOT analysis
- Overview of new entrants into relevant market segments
- Key patents - by region - a legal and business perspective
- List of important innovators and service providers
- Analysis of major players and competitive insights
- Licensing avenues to monetize opportunities
- Major objectives of innovators filing inventions in the domain
- Trend analysis of innovation objectives/requirements (within the domain and cross-domain players)
- Analysis of the key areas of inventions - materials, scanning techniques and production methods
- In-depth analysis of innovation trends of the major players in the industry