This first edition study provides fresh, unbiased insight in a number of areas, including:
- The market for EV/hybrid batteries and battery material suppliers, determining the trends and topical issues, as well as providing valuable market sector data;
- The main manufacturers in both the battery and battery material supplier sectors;
- Vehicle manufacturer strategy analysis of the major players involved with EV/hybrid batteries; and
- Statistical appendix including model-level sales data for EV/hybrid vehicles.
The report provides answers to such vital questions as:
- How quickly will lithium-ion batteries replace nickel-metal hydride as the battery of choice for EV and pure electric cars?
- To what extent will Toyota – with their continued investment in nickel-metal hydride – slow the penetration of lithium-ion batteries?
- While Japanese suppliers continue to be the market leaders in the battery material sector, which manufacturers from other regions are set to catch-up and compete with them?
- The sales performance of which 6 key vehicles will provide the best early indicator of progress toward the switch from nickel-metal hydride to lithium-ion?
- What are the projected sales for both hybrid and pure electric vehicles in 2020?
- Why will pure electric vehicles not enjoy major growth until after 2020, especially in China?
Chapter one provides our analysis of the EV and hybrid battery sector, including production forecasts to 2020 and market share intelligence. Profiles and analysis of the leading manufacturers are also included.
Chapter two analyses the battery material supplier sector, providing market intelligence (for separators, anode and cathode materials, electrolytes and electrolyte salt) and profiles of 15 of the leading Japanese suppliers.
Chapter four provides an authoritative analysis of the leading vehicle manufacturer strategies:
• Suzuki, Mazda and other Japanese manufacturers
• Japanese bus and truck manufacturers
• North American OEMs
• European OEMs
• Asia OEMs