This exclusive report from ABOUT Automotive provides fresh, unbiased insight in a number of areas, including:
- The substantial growth in the demand for light-duty turbochargers worldwide, but especially in North America and China, fuelled by the market-wide trend towards engine downsizing;
- Stricter exhaust emission regulations in all the major vehicle markets and the high price of fuel;
- The trend towards even more strict vehicle CO2 emissions globally;
- The state of the diesel market worldwide - from the growth of clean diesel in North America, to the political backlash in Europe; and
- Further developments in turbocharger technology, such as the increasing cost of high temperature resistant materials.
This fifth edition report reviews the key market drivers for forced induction solutions for both the light vehicle and heavy commercial vehicle markets, providing some forward-looking analysis through to 2020.
Chapter two examines current technology drivers and the innovations that have been recently introduced.
Chapter three analyses product trends and fitment levels for automotive turbochargers in each major vehicle producing region through to 2020. It also provides regional and global volume and value forecasts for turbochargers in both the passenger car and heavy commercial vehicle sectors.
Chapter four provides brief profiles of the major manufacturers of turbochargers, namely BorgWarner, Bosch Mahle Turbo Systems, Continental Schaeffler, Honeywell Turbo Technologies, Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries (IHI), and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI), Cummins Turbo Technologies, plus an overview of the largest manufacturer of mechanical superchargers, Eaton.